If a child comes to Miss Dawn’s Child Care when he/she is not feeling well, he/she will be more vulnerable to infection. It is in the best interest of all children to keep your child home when he/she is ill.
In order to promote wellness and protect the health of your child/children in child care, we need your cooperation in keeping your child/children home if he/she exhibits any of the following :
1. An oral temperature 100 degrees or above within the last 24 hours.
2. Vomiting two or more times in the last 24 hours unless it is determined to be
3. Diarrhea 3 or more times or unusually loose stools.
4. Rash of unknown origin that is possibly infectious.
5. Pink or red conjunctivitis with yellow or white discharge. A full day dosage of
medication must be given before your child can return to child care. The child
must be on the medicine for 24 hours before returning to school.
6. Persistent, frequent cough that interferes with the child’s activities.
7. Untreated earache.
8. Undiagnosed red throat.
Other ailments will be accessed while your child/children are in attendance as an ongoing basis by the child care provider/providers.
If your child becomes ill while at child care and you are called, please pick your child up promptly (within the hour). We will not call you to pick your child up unless your child needs to be home.
If your child is under a physician’s care for any infectious disease, a physician’s note to the effect that they may return to child care is required.
Miss Dawn’s Child Care Consent to Administer Medication form must be filled out by you and your physician in order to have medication dispensed to your child at child care.